2 weeks since I landed in TVM and I’m re-learning the process of being the Miss Mallu goody two shoes. That also means, my rant days are back in this blog.
* I am going to be a part of ‘Banker to Every Indian’. I know this is not what everyone expected me to take up as a career. But, if everything in life went as per what I planned 6 years ago it would never be MY life. Simple enough, there are unexpected twists and turns in the road you take. Mine had a landslide on the way.
People are trying to make me believe that my life and future ‘ends here’. Snide remarks, scrunched nose questions, “WHYs”,”I thought you would have done…instead”, “Everybody can do it”…Every question and every person I ignored 6 years ago have resurfaced with a vengeance. I don’t give a damn about what they have got to say, but the Mallu goody two shoes (repaired in B’luru) bites and tells me ‘Oblige them child’.
* On a related note, I got the feelers of how its going to be like. Each time I step into something new, life teaches me to lower my expectations.
* After a gap of about 4 years I attended a retreat. The mandatory one at church which the Mallu goody two shoes cannot escape from. I’m now the church going, god fearing Mallu goody two shoes. With parents like mine, I really have no escape. My issues with the ‘ very concept of it’ remain. I was fuming when I came out of the confessional coz, its no longer what it used to be. Something that our breed takes for granted. All I know is, it takes guts to accept one’s mistakes and with the kind of ‘specimen’ I met today, I have serious concerns. Oops…Mallu goody two shoes doesn’t speak like that
* Sometimes I miss the oblivion I enjoyed in B’luru. You know, when the Mallu goody two shoes didn’t really prick.
* These days conversations with my long lost girlfriends go like this…
GF 1/2/3/4: Got something to tell you
Me: Getting married?
GF 1/2/3/4: Err.. ya.. who told you?
-Duh! Why else would you want to ping me when you didn’t even bother with a hi all these years.
Thus, pressure is building up in my home ground too. But, there seems to be a ‘market failure'(in real economic sense) in this case of RCSC goody two shoes.
And I am pissed by the fact that once you cross your twenties, why does every decision of yours regarding your future, depend on the effing ‘M’ word. Let that happen in the right time when the right person comes.
*Facebook gives me enough blog fodder these days.Will post one soon…
Now I know why unemployment for a month is injurious to your ‘creative cells’ …