“Very few people do this any more. It’s too risky. First of all, it’s a hell of a responsibility to be yourself. It’s much easier to be somebody else or nobody at all.”
I’m still not over my phase of Obsessive Compulsive Sylvia Plath addiction. I’ve been reading and re-reading her journals like a maniac for the past few months.
*I’m getting used to this wannabe city which goes by the name Kochi. For the past few weeks, I’ve been thrown out of my comfort zone and deputed to do some number crunching. It means instead of the 5 min walk from home to the branch, I’ve to travel across the city of Kochi everyday. This is one city, no matter how many times I’ve been there, I manage to lose my way and get lost.
* Lunchtime conversations now linger around topics like how to differentiate between male and female sardine. The benefits of working with people your parents age…
* The other day my mom received a call from someone claiming to be a priest. Apparently he got a prayer request in my name and he found several obstacles which are going to delay my walk down the aisle. I’m in dire need of spiritual intervention and he wanted to counsel me on the phone. He was not ready to disclose who the prayer request came from. Someone from my Parish did it seems. Nice Try… The Alarm bells in my head hit the maximum decibel. What kinda idiot would fall into a trap like that?
* Oh yea in other important news, I’m living with the parents again. The perks are plenty, but I miss my solitude..at times.
* The only 2 people who I could talk to in this organization without weighing my words, have quit. Maybe all the more reason I felt a strange itch to write some trash in here.
* The dull routine is making me miserable 😦